Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Perfect Shoes!


All my life, I have been searching ... searching ... through the icy wastes of the Arctic and the steaming moist, slug-infested jungles of Cebu.  I have spent hundreds of dollars in the search, rudely tossing aside those which did not satisfy.  And then, three weeks ago, after reading a NY Times article on what flight attendants wore on their painful tootsies, the end of my Impossible Search came via UPS in an eagerly awaited AMAZON box.



Yes folks, I received my first pair of SKECHERS GO WALK walking shoes!  Yeah, I know they don't have the exquisite soul-destroying glamor of' a pair of Loboutins or Jimmy Choos, but just look at that cushy anti-microbial sock lining and the radically lightweight midsole which promotes a natural stride!  Plus these are the most comfortable non-pinching shoes I've ever owned!  That weird neuropathy-induced "dirty foot" feeling is reduced and I actually feel like bouncing up & down, something I haven't done since my mum hid the Halloween candy on top of the fridge.  The only super annoying thing about it is that I found these shoes about three months before RETIREMENT!  WTF!  Nevertheless, I bought three pairs (navy, black & a brown suede version called Autumn GoWalk) just in case Putin decides to bomb all the SKECHER factories in the world on a bad hair day.

Remember: SKECHERS GO WALK!  Choose the one without a subtitle, because apparently, SKECHERS GoWalk also come in different permutations like SKECHERS GoWalk Glee, or SKECHERS GoWalk Frisky, which looks like a unicorn vomited all over it.  And no, SKECHERS didn't pay me a cent for this post -- I just wanted all ye oldsters with foot issues to be aware that these comfy shoes are available on ZAPPOS, AMAZON and the official SKECHERS website, even if they are a little expensive ($59 US, but cheaper on AMAZON).

PS. Bookish Confessions, Pt. 2 will return next week. Maybe. Unless I find the perfect toenail clippers! Yarrr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment