Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bag Hag


Ok, I admit it -- I love handbags.  I know I don't seem to be the handbag type -- What, me comb my hair? Don't be ridiculous! I combed it 2 days ago! -- but I own perhaps 30 satchels, hobos, rucksacks, canvas messengers & totes.  Now, that doesn't sound like a large collection to most fashionistas, but when you find your dog sleeping on a shredded motorcycle bag from FOSSIL and you don't care, perhaps you do have a bit of a problem. 

So what kind of handbag do I like?  Well, first, it has to be very large -- at least, 18 inches across, 16 inches tall, and at least 5 inches deep.  Shoulder straps have to be minimum of  16 inches long. It has to contain my immensely fat 12 year old wallet, a daily newspaper, a water bottle, my lunch, my current trashy paperback, my sketchbook & pencil box, and a ring of keys large enough to unlock the Bank of America. It also has to be made of buttery soft RED, FUSCHIA or ORANGE leather (faux leather is ok too) and MUST HAVE multiple outside zippered pockets for my bus pass, ID card, and my vast collection of quarters for vending machine Cheez-It emergencies.  

So if I know exactly what I like, what's with the 30 bags in the closet? Well ...  nothing's wrong with them really, except maybe the color wasn't quite right, or the pockets were too shallow, or the leather was so stiff that it bruised my deliciously dimpled underarms.  And I only have 4 months left until Retirement -- will I need another bag after that?

On the other hand ... Isn't this gorgeous?  I know it's yellow but still ...

                                          
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment