Sunday, October 21, 2012

Assorted Thoughts


Received a retirement mug today from a kindly neighbor. It says "The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift."  Hoookay.  I will have to think about the gifty part again on Wednesday, when my workplace closes down for an all-day staff meeting, and we have to listen to 6 hours of stuff that has nothing to do with our work.  I wonder if I should bring a large bag of Honey Dijon potato chips to the proceedings, but decide the loud crunching noises would attract Security.

Meanwhile, the library finds that Big Bossy has decided to retire at the end of December 2012!  WOW, that was shocking.  We thought she would never leave ... I mean, we thought she would be our executive director for another 5 years at least.  Naturally, most of us have mixed emotions ... but, really, I was STUNNED.   I was so stunned that my jaw fell to the floor and crushed a malingering cockroach.  But I will write more about this affair after I have officially retired and chugged a  large sparkly martini.

I'm cooking Hormel smoked *pork chops* for my dad's lunch.  That is -- ordinary ham cut in the shape of pork chops with the little rims of *pretend* fat.  My dad bought it because it looked healthier.  Did I forget to add that those 4 skinny fake pork chops cost almost $5?  Tsk tsk tsk.

                                       Come on, no one hates a staff meeting that much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh contrar mon amie... I think one can hate a staff meeting exactly that much! LOL! I know I have had my share that I kept looking for an escape route:D I love the little Gif you used but I also love kitties so I would hate thinking about them going splat as they landed!!!
    Keep the posts coming my new bloggy friend!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know what they say about cats -- they always land on their feets ... even if they do hate staff meetings, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete