Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Dog Is Not Sick


Usually, when I read about dogs on blogs, the wretched animal is already ill, has lost his appetite, or on his last weepy trip to the vet.  So I would like to introduce to you: my 6 year old Maltese Tiger who is not sick (knock on wood!), eats like a pig, and weighs a hefty 10 lbs., which is about 4 lbs. more than what an average Maltese should weigh.  He also barks at anything that moves on the street; he hates cats; and he will try to bite my feet if I dare leave him behind.  (I guess he knows that if his owner has no feet, she can't go away.)  And since he is a Maltese, he is also quite the needy little bugger who howls like a banshee when he is all by his lonesome. Tsk tsk tsk.

                                             "Go ahead & leave me .. I dare ya .."   

Computer update 3:  My sister said I would only have to pay her $1400 instead of $2000 for the new computer because she feels sorry for me.  Huzzahh!  I must say that it certainly didn't hurt to wave that measly pension check in front of her at the breakfast table.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture! I feel your pain with the canine neediness. We have a Bichon Frise (perfectly healthy :-)), a breed I believe is descended from the Maltese. Our Dobby does NOT like to be left, and he loves toes, as in to chew.

    Glad your sister is cutting you a break on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Bichon Frises amost as bad as Maltese in the *neediness* department? Because I've had Shi-Tzu and Lhasa Apso also, and the Maltese is the Worse by far! Plus his bark has a high shrill quality to it that hurts your ears. He does sound like a much larger dog though, so he probably scares away hopeful burglars. Still, I am not fond of the foot attacks; he has bled me a couple of times. Eck.

    ReplyDelete