Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Windows 8 ... Nooooo!


Well well well ... its 2013 and I have WINDOWS 8 on my computer!  Oh nooo!  [Tipsy starts to hyperventilate.]  Yes, I have an expensive new desktop alright, but it also has the shockingly different Windows 8 interface with its *living tiles* and no way to exit a page!  Ughhhhh!  Where's my big old *E* button that was perfect for these senior eyes?  What happened to my oh-so-convenient list of bookmarks that was always there on the left side of my screen?  How come the computer clock keeps going back to Central Time?  Does Microsoft want me to move to Arkansas?  So tonight, I am waiting for my new book WINDOWS 8 FOR DUMMIES which I just ordered from Amazon.  Unfortunately, there will be a week's delay because of the many dummies out there who also got a new computer for 2013.  Gahhhh!

Meanwhile, I have started reading my Christmas book stash again, starting with the vampire thriller RED, WHITE AND BLOOD by Chris Farnsworth.  I don't read vampire things usually (however, I will tolerate well-written zombies), but this book features a handsome 140 year old bloodsucker who serves the President of the United States!  We should all be so lucky. Yarrrr.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Windows 8 is a nightmare! Personally I say run for the nearest copy of Windows 7 and install that ~ it's worth whatever you have to pay. ;)
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think operating systems can be changed, can they? And I do believe that if you ever buy a new computer thats not a MAC, you too shall have to get the Horrific Windows 8! I've scoured AMAZON for manuals and now, it seems that they even have a Windows 8 book specifically geared for seniors! Eck.

    ReplyDelete