Monday, December 3, 2012

Retirement Fluey!


Friday, Nov. 30 was my Last Day at work.  I had a wonderful retirement party and I got a tremendous going-away staff gift. (Pictures next week!)  I hugged goodbye my despised ex-director who hugged me back and pretended to care.  Our wonderfully thoughtful management put the wrong number of years of service on my *Award* plaque. (Not exactly an unexpected development from this gang of twits.)  I was going to write more, but last night, I started sneezing my head off and my temperature was slightly elevated.  So now, I have the Flu on the First Day of the Rest of My Life.  Bleech.  

                                              

3 comments:

  1. Ah, it's better to get the crappy part over in the beginning so you can enjoy the rest of the time! (just thinking positively) *wink*
    ♫Happy Retirement♫
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sharon. I hope my toilet seat cover breaking off isn't another omen of thingies to come! Eeeek! Maybe time to move all those decorating magazines out of the loo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through Grace's blogroll. Was just reading through all your posts when I came across this one. When I retied (almost 6 years ago), I got sick the very first day of my retirement. Then I kept feeling better, than worse, then better, then worse for about 6 weeks! I wonder if there's something about getting across that finish line that just takes so much effort, your body rebels right after?

    ReplyDelete