Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Most Beautiful Box in the World!


I am not a particularly craftsy person (glue terrifies me!) but on my Last Day at Work, I received the most beautiful hand-crafted gift from the staff.  A dear friend, S. made a splendid library-themed box and filled it with artfully embellished goodbye notes from my co-workers.  As the person who usually made most of the Retirement Gifts for departing staff, I was so touched that anyone would go to so much trouble, and so much glue!  The details were amazing!  Thank you, dearest S., I will treasure this box forever, and thanks also to all the wonderful people I worked with at the library, for making everyday a revelation.

                                                                 The Retirement Box.    

                                        
                                                                         "Open Sesame!"
                                            

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that really is a special gift! Isn't it amazing how our worth to others can so often become apparent only after our time with them is over. Great posting!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot imagine how touched I was by this gift -- it must have taken weeks to do, and I hadn't even known S. that long, perhaps less than 5 years. I told S. that she had now inherited my retirement gift "sideline" and she laughed that my gift was it, and she will do no more. :)

    ReplyDelete